Photo Gallery

We had an electrician finishing up on Sunday, so without electricity, I was unable to post any pictures.  So without anymore delay, here they are.  I posted a gallery with before and after pictures so you could see the transformation.  

We finished the kitchen just in time to break it in with a twenty pound turkey and a full Thanksgiving extravaganza.

Kitchen Update

We’ve been working around the clock to finish up the loose ends to be ready to host Thanksgiving.  It looks like we’ll make it just under the wire.  I’ve been so busy working on the house in my free time, that I haven’t had time to update my blog.

The handyman finished up today and the kitchen is ready for its close up.  I’ll get some pictures up in the next few days.  After Friday, when the electrician finishes up some internal wiring, we’ll be done with workers for a while.

It will feel good to have our house back and do some real cooking and entertaining.  

Soooo Close

It looks like we’ll be up and running for Thanksgiving.  I can start hunting for my heritage turkey from my local purveyors.

I spent the day cleaning up and adding the finishing touches on the kitchen.  Most of the work left is only cosmetic.  I’ll hopefully have a video done by this weekend, if not, at least some pictures.

We are ready for entertaining, so call for reservations.

The Cooking Continues

chantrelles

Tonight’s Menu:

Chanterelle Mushrooms And Bucheron Cheese

Mustard Crusted Pork Chop With Caramelized Onions And Quince Chutney

Tomorrow the handyman will finish up a few things and hopefully the cabinetmaker will have the last door installed.  Even with the remaining details left to be finished up, it sure feels good to be able to prepare a meal in the new kitchen.

The Crown Jewel Is In!

Coq Au Vin

Coq Au Vin

The stove was the first thing we purchased for the new kitchen and it was the last thing we put in.

After standing back and admiring its beauty, I couldn’t wait to start cooking on it.  The dish I chose to break it in was a coq au vin.  I was able to do some serious searing and braising.  I was also able to test out the downdraft and it did a fair job sucking the smoke from the 15,000 btu’s at full blast.  The burners were powerful enough to leave a nice fond in the pan and the result was a nice coq au vin.

We have a few adjustments left: painting, caulking, tweaking one cabinet door, and adjusting the stainless steel countertop.  After everything is completed, I’ll post some pictures and hopefully a video.  I’ll also go into more detail about the range we chose.

This project has been going on so long that I can’t remember what the old kitchen looked like.  We managed to accomplish our goal of creating a professional working kitchen, without it looking like an industrial or commercial kitchen.